Tuesday 31 January 2012

sending some spring!

Such a gloriously sparkly and fresh morning today, making the little vase of daffodils on our breakfast table  more than a little incongruous with the freezing view outside.

They gave me such a happy feeling as I rushed the troops out of the door to various breakfast clubs and childcare drop offs: a little smile inside.




I sat around the same table in the interlude between work and school pick up, enjoying some rare and very precious crafting  time with friends over coffee. I was reminded that it is  the simple things that give us that happy feeling inside.


Later looking at my  calendar (a  gorgeous free gift with the most lovely Mollie Makes Magazine) ready to turn the page to a new month, I  realised  afresh the truth of the  quote:



"There are people who have money
 and people who are rich".








6 comments:

  1. I think I shall pick up some daffodils when I go shopping tomorrow, they look so cheery.
    Your French holiday looked a lot of fun, so pleased you all had a wonderful break.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daffodils on my breakfast table are just going over now but have made me happy whilst they lasted with their beautiful fresh smell - I too was rich! Thanks for you kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi just found your lovely blog, the daffys instantly remind me of spring and easter eggs! Great. Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my mantra too! When I was in my late teens, A fortune teller told me that I would never be rich, but I would live a very rich life as my riches will come from other ways! I haven't bothered buying a lottery ticket since ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award... you can read more about it on my blog.
    Hope you can accept it. Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace, I love daffodils, they're my favourite. Just to let you know I love your blog and have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, they really do brighten my day!